.IT: InterNetX offers automated system
The Italian registry has converted their registration system (now automated via EPP connection) as well as their registrar model. This means that there are some changes which affect all actions for .IT domains.
Automated InterNetX service
As an accredited registrar with EPP connection, InterNetX can process most domain actions automatically, thereby providing time-saving service and simplifying .IT domain administration.
Specific changes for domain actions
- IT Entity Type must be stated in the domain contact extension.
- Depending on the IT Entity Type (person or ORG), a valid tax or personal identification number must be specified.
- A nameserver must be set up and set to "authoritative answer" in advance.
- You must be able to verify that you are acting in the name and on behalf of the domain owner. In some cases, the registry may request the corresponding documents.
- Domain transfers between two registrars can be carried out with an AuthInfo. These transfers are carried out automatically.
- Domain transfers and change of ownership can be carried out simultaneously.
Update and delete
- With InterNetX, these can be carried out automatically.
No Provider (transit)
- These are no longer possible for .IT.
Transfer between maintainer and registrar
- This has to be conducted again through forms. If a transfer has been started (Maintainer to Registrar) via AutoDNS or via gateway, we will
send out the necessary documents automatically.
.IT Documents - Download
You can download guidlines and regulations as well as relevant forms in Italian and English. Please note that the registry can only accept documents in Italian!
A very small percentage of domains is still managed by so-called maintainers. If you require documents in this regard, please contact our Domain Support.
Guidelines and regulations
Whois-Policy for .IT
Regulations of the assignment and management
of .IT domains
Guidelines for disputes resolution
Regulations for disputes resolution